Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Over....




It's the end of our Company's Financial Year today & it's CRAZY BUSY!!! I'll be back tomorrow hopefully in a saner frame of mind & with a slightly tidier desk - apologies for my AWOL status in Bloggie World recently. It's been a hard, but rewarding year at work, with a lot of my little 'chicken's' coming home to roost. In the meantime, these are pics of my hero Albert Einstein's desk (I think my sub-conscious is presently doing a desk thing here at The Hedge!). I love the man for all that he did, but most of all for this:

The Photoelectric Effect
A revolutionary hypothesis concerning the nature of light. Einstein not only proposed that under certain circumstances light can be considered as consisting of particles, but he also hypothesized that the energy carried by any light particle, called a photon, is proportional to the frequency of the radiation. The formula for this is E = hu, where E is the energy of the radiation, h is a universal constant known as Planck's constant, and u is the frequency of the radiation. This proposal - that the energy contained within a light beam is transferred in individual units, or quanta - contradicted a hundred-year-old tradition of considering light energy a manifestation of continuous processes. Be still my beating heart, kiss, kiss A.E.!!!

Images: Flickr & Life

15 comments:

  1. I just knew I was on the right track with that messy desk thing happening! Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the desk and I am inspired by a woman with such a brain as yours! Formidable combination when paired with your obvious flair for all things beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! My whole life consist of organized chaos, big Einstein fan too. Love, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a financial planner in a previous life, we'd have the end of financial year week from hell, so I feel your pain Millie. Don't miss that at all. And this pic must prove your theory on messy desk = brilliant mind
    - knew it!
    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huhhhhh??!!!!
    Like his desk though!
    Glad your 'almost' sane again!:+
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right with you Millie. Every now and then I re-read My Credo, it sums up his sheer brilliance..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the romance of a messy desk!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Millie,

    I can relate...not to the financial stress, but the messy desk image. We'll be anxiously awaiting your return. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will await your return from under the mess. At least the mess boded well.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Personally I can't concentrate at messy desk but it takes all kinds.

    I can relate to end of FY madness. How stressful.

    And Madame Einstein you MUST read Ian McEwan's latest book Solar is it about quantum physics (in part at least).

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Millie,

    Love the desk ~ mess can be a good thing!
    Take care and hope all will go well for you, dear friend.

    Happy Wednesday
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Luck at the office.Remember its just paper...but it takes energy.
    Living North ( sweden) I realy understand the conection off light and energy Einstein.
    I am without .
    Going skiing for easter hope to gain it back.
    Take care
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's all relative.....well at least the desk

    a gentleman in town who just passed on,was my "link via one degree" to einstein. this gentleman took college courses from him. my favorite story of his was how a recorder could be brought into lecture hall, a new found freedom, but since a.e. did not particularly fascinate him at the time he recorded over all the lectures! this certain gentleman went on to invent the 'black box' for planes.
    debra

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, too, love AE!! Have you ever seen the Albert Einstein Memorial statue located on the grounds of the National Academy of Sciences in Washington, D.C.? It is amazing! Not as amazing as the man, but definitely worth the trip!

    Happy Easter-- I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails