Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pretty Pressies


A quick post before I dash off to the Baby Shower Miss K's Mum is hosting this afternoon. It will be our first grandchild, & yes, with only 3 weeks to go, you could say both Nonnas-To-Be are in a state of frenzied anticipation! I've been buying & stashing baby things for months now & I can't tell you what a thrill it's been buying pink for the first time in my life! Even though he volunteered his services, I gave MOTH the King of Gift-Wrapping a wide berth last night as I wrapped everything. I felt his grasp on pretty pink paper & co-ordinating ribbons was diminished, having had 4 stubbies prior to dinner. He then proceeded to snore on the sofa during the entire process, so I think my decision was vindicated. I'll try & take some pics this arvo, it sounds like it will be a pretty noisy, fun affair. It's the weekend dear Hedgies, so go enjoy!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting...love your wrapping, good decision to bench MOTH :o
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you. You are going to be a Mimi!!!! All my love, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I don't know, he could have got quite inventive with the wrap, in such a state....

    Congrats to you and hope all goes well. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mills,
    How could you forgo MOTH'S wonderful wrapping skills ...... he is a legend in our house for his grosgrain ribbon !!.....still.....you've done a lovely job !
    Have a wonderful tim at the baby shower ..... you will be in heaven in a few weeks time ....... you are both going to love having a grand daughter. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Millie,

    Oh how thrilling for your family, I am so excited for you dear friend.
    Love the sweet wrapping, with the polka dots ~ enjoy the baby shower and your weekend

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAve a wonderful time Millie... I am sure you already did... and keep us posted on the excitement... xv

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor MOTH. I'm sure his efforts would have been well intentioned, if not as photogenic Millie. What an exciting time ahead!
    Can't wait to hear all the updates. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what an exciting time! I'd be stashing gifts for months, too! That's what Nonna's are supposed to do! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the pink and pale green pressies :) my mum had six grandsons and has now lucked in with two grand daughters - I know what you mean re the nice-ness of buying pink for a change :) le xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Millie it has been forever since I have dropped by your blog...a grand-daughter oh so excited for you... My little girl got engaged last week so exciting times ahead for both of us....Love to you c oxox

    ReplyDelete

And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart.
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?
~W.H. Auden

Related Posts with Thumbnails